I don’t like to waste anything when I am cooking so I try to use as much of the food as possible, below is a recipe for squash boats but I also made a single serving of butternut squash soup using the squash I carved out to create the squash boats and I made a tasty snack by baking the squash seeds
2 butternut squash
1 cup Kale
2 Garlic cloves
1 cup Cauliflower rice
1 cup Broccoli rice
2 chicken sausages (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut squashes in half and dig out seeds and set them aside. Put a little bit of olive oil on each squash then place them face down in an oven safe container and bake for 40 mins or until soft.
- Mince onions, garlic, and chicken sausages. Heat olive oil in a pan and add minced ingredients, cook for about 10 min or until onions are soft
- Add kale, cauliflower rice, and broccoli rice and cook for an additional 2 min
- Clean, drain, and dry the squash seeds. Salt and pepper them and put them on a baking sheet
- Take squash out of the oven flip them over and fill each squash with the mixed ingredients.
- Put squash, and squash seeds into the oven and cook for 10 min.
- Remove seeds and squash from the oven and let cool, then enjoy!
- add diaya cheese at the end of baking to make it even more delicious
Butternut squash scrap soup
This recipe uses the squash that I scooped out of the squash boats above.
2 squash centers (scraps)
½ cup mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 chicken sausage
¾ cup almond milk
¼ cup veggie broth
Garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Place a pot on medium heat with olive oil
- Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 min.
- Add squash, chicken, celery, mushrooms, almond milk, veggie broth, and seasonings
- Cook for about 10 min. enjoy!