Coconut oil: I use coconut oil for cooking and olive oil for raw recipes. Coconut oil does better for cooking because it c an be heated up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, it has a higher smoking point than olive oil. avocado oil is also a great oil for cooking, it actually does the best with high temperatures but is a little bit more expensive than coconut oil.
Cast iron: I love cast iron pans, and it’s pretty much all is used to cook with. They are very durable, chemical and toxins free, nonstick, and can be use stove top or in the oven. They are perfect for this recipe because I can use the same pan to cook the veggies stove top and cook the stuffed peppers in the oven.
1 tbsp coconut oil
4 bell peppers
1 cup broccoli
1 cup mushrooms
1 yellow squash
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tbsp taco seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add coconut oil to cast iron pan and turn burner on to medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add the rest of the veggies to the pan and cook for another 5-8 minutes
- Turn off burner and add quinoa to pan, and mix vegetables with quinoa
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers (either add the extra bell pepper to the filling or save it for another recipe) and discard the seeds and stem.
- Add vegetables and quinoa to bell peppers
- Place stuffed peppers in cast iron and into the preheated oven
- Cook for about 30 min
- Add mashed potatoes, vegan cheese (add 5 min before peppers are done), or avocado on top to make it extra tasty