Supplements alone will not cure your endometriosis. Combining supplements with a healthy diet, a healthy lifestyle, and a healthy mindset can improve your health, reduce your endometriosis pain, and even eliminate some or all of your symptoms.
My 3 month Endometriosis program [link] combines nutrition (including supplements and herbs), physical activity, and emotional health to heal every part of your life and your endometriosis. It’s a big commitment to heal your endometriosis symptoms through lifestyle change, but it is the only affective way to get to the root cause of the problem. Drugs, birth control, and surgery are all band aids and simply cover up the symptoms. These methods may also cause other issues/side effects in your body and they do not address the root cause of endometriosis.
When I was first diagnosed with endometriosis I was lost. I didn’t know what to eliminate from my diet, what to add in, and I certainly didn’t know what supplements and how much of each I needed to take. It can be hard when you don’t have a lot of support from people who know what you are going through and can help you navigate everything. That’s why I created this supplement guide [link], which tells you what supplements I take as a woman with endometriosis and why I take each one. If one supplement gives more support to something that you may not need, then you may not need to take that supplement. This is the reason I want to share the supplements and the reasons I am taking them.
Why are supplements so important for women with endometriosis?
First, we want to make sure we are eating a healthy diet because we always want to get as much nutrients from food as possible then we supplement as needed. It is very hard to get all the nutrients we need through just our diet, and as women with endometriosis we need even more nutrients to help fight inflammation and strengthen our immune systems. It can be difficult to know how much nutrients we are getting from our food and it varies day to day, supplements give us the reassurance that our body is getting what it needs. Keeping your body at optimal health will allow it to better fight the symptoms of endometriosis.
What brands I use and why I like them?
I like to stick to as few brands as possible because I like to find brands I like and trust. It also makes it easier for reordering because all the supplements are in the same place. If you are not a fan of the brand’s I have listed below try to find a brand you can trust, follow these rules when choosing a company.
- Its free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn, peanuts (if allergic), yeast, artificial sweeteners, colors, additives, preservatives, and GMOs. These things can potentially cause inflammation and damage cells.
- Avoid cheap binders such as, magnesium oxide or zinc oxide. These can dramatically reduce bioavailability and absorption of supplements.
- Don’t skimp on price. If a reputable brand of a supplement cost $30 and you found a knock-off brand for $12 it most likely means the supplement is either made with inferior ingredients or it is fake.
- You can learn more about what to check for here https://hormonesbalance.com/articles/adrenals-articles/how-to-trust-a-brand-of-supplements/
Solgar and Standard Process are the two brands I stick to.
Why I like standard process:
- it is family owned for three generations
- the manufacturing facility is certified organic
- the company grows crops for their supplements on company-owned, certified organic farmland
- have many awards in the areas of employee treatment, Wellness, sustainability, and more
- they have gluten-free, dairy-free, GMO-free, and vegan options
- on their website they provide fact sheets for each supplement
- click here to learn more about their history or visit their about page. https://www.standardprocess.com/getattachment/About-Us/Newsroom/SPFactSheet_10_24_17-FINAL.pdf?lang=en-US
Why I like Solgar:
- they have gluten-free, dairy-free, allergen free, vegan, vegetarian, hormone-free, and GMO-free products
- use naturally sourced ingredients
- high quality raw ingredients
- they avoid artificial ingredients, fillers, binders and colorings.
- Click here to learn more about Solgar https://www.solgar.com/about-us/
What will the supplement guide contain?
In this supplement guide I will introduce you to supplements that:
- Reduce inflammation (big endometriosis issue)
- Strengthen the immune system
- Support the liver (i.e help detox excess estrogen)
- Improve gut health
- Aid in digestion
It will include:
- What each supplement is useful for
- How many pills of each supplement you should take
- The brands I use
- Prices of the supplements
- Details on how you can get 30% off certain supplements
- Links to supplements so you can view: fact sheets, nutritional facts, amount of each vitamin
- What should be included in the supplement if you choose a different brand