This cake is perfect for women with endometriosis it is gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. I love it because its not to sweet! It has the prefect amount of sweetness from the bananas and the honey. This filling is also amazing! fruit already naturally has sugar so there is no need to add more, just a little bit of honey brings out the sweetness of the strawberries. The chia seeds help thicken and bind the sauce while adding nutrients and protein. Other sauce thickeners can be unhealthy.
If you don’t eat eggs you can substitute with chia “eggs” (1 egg = 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2 1/2 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes).
I make this cake often because I love it so much, I have decorated in different ways with the strawberries in the past. I thought the whole strawberries looked fancier but its a lot easier to eat the cake with the cut up strawberries. use these strawberry designs or come up with your own fancy design!
2 cups almond flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 lbs strawberries (for filling and on top)
1 lb (16 oz) strawberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut oil on two pie pans (use parchment paper if you want it to be easier to get the cake out).
- In a bowl mix together all the wet ingredients; eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla, and honey
- Add dry ingredients; cinnamon, almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until smooth
- Pour batter evenly between the two pie pans. Gently tap to distribute the batter.
- Bake the banana cake until browned, about 50 min. before removing cake put a toothpick in it and it is ready if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool, then use the parchment paper to release the cake from the pan (if you didn’t use parchment paper, use a rubber spatula to help release the cake).
- While the cake is cooking, add strawberries to a pot. Cook and crush them until they are at your desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Take pot of heat and add chia seeds and honey. let sit for 15 minutes
- Stir sauce and add it to the middle and top of the cake
- Cut up the rest of the strawberries and add them to the top of the cake.